[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-18: Simplifying Minimum Allocations and Assignments

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:58:54 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> On 17 July 2014 the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) accepted "ARIN-prop-210
> Simplifying Minimum Allocations and Assignments" as a Draft Policy.
>
> Draft Policy ARIN-2014-18 is below and can be found at:
> https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2014_18.html

Opposed as written.  I believe that continued needs testing
is an important criteria for receiving resources, and this
proposal would eliminate justified needs testing.

As to the costs of doing business, well, while I can
understand the those seeking resources may not
have properly planned for the costs of their start up
and/or expansion, that is a failure of the requesting
organization(s) leaders and their staff, and requesting
relief from ARIN policy because of that failure is not
an appropriate response.  If it gets too hot in the
kitchen, do not be a cook.