[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - July 2014

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:59:46 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Michael Peddemors <michael at linuxmagic.com>
wrote:

The AC is continuing to work on the following:

>    Draft Policy ARIN-2014-15: Allow Inter-RIR ASN Transfers
>>

> +1, all logical, can't really see how that can be abused.

The main concern now is the impact of Inter-RIR ASN Transfers on the RPKI
system.  Geoff brought up the issue at the NANOG PPC in Bellevue, and the
subsequent staff assessment highlighted the fact that ARIN would need to do
additional RPKI development to make Inter-RIR ASN transfers work with RPKI.
Therefore, most of the AC felt (and convinced me) that we shouldn't
recommend ARIN-2014-15 for adoption after Baltimore, but rather should
leave it as a Draft Policy and discuss the RPKI issues there.

-Scott