[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-17: Change Utilization Requirements from last-allocation to total-aggregate - revised

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:28:16 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:
> Others have noted we are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic with
> these IPv4 policy issues.
> Maybe it is time to metaphorically sweep those chairs into the sea so we can
> move on.

Perhaps that is an interesting idea.  Remove needs testing for
IPv6 /48s, and let everyone move on to being able to access
all of the Internet.  I would have to consider the other implications,
but I think I could get behind removing needs testing for /48's
given how large the remaining IPv6 address space is, and it
would be an interesting experiment and insure that there is
absolutely no reason that one cannot move to IPv6 now.