[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-2: Improving 8.4 Anti-Flip Language

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jan 30 11:43:51 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Bill Darte <billdarte at gmail.com> wrote:
> What if an organization
> wishes to transfer to an 'existing' subsidiary....is that the same
> organization?

Howdy,

For consistency's sake with the rest of the NRPM, it is not the same
organization.

> ...and, is this issue 'really' of concern given the late date relative to
> ARIN free-pool run out?

I'd find that a reasonable argument for eliminating the anti-flipping
provisions entirely. As an argument for creating unfairness in the
anti-flipping provisions, and worse: unfairness biased against the
domestic folks it is ARIN's core mission to serve, I find that
argument unpersuasive.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004