[arin-ppml] 2014-2 8.4 Anti-flip Language

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Feb 25 02:09:08 EST 2014

On Feb 24, 2014, at 5:10 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2014, at 5:13 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>
>> Could you elaborate your thoughts regarding the harm that might occur?
>>
>> I believe that folks understand risks associated with sudden/unexpected IPv4 free
>> pool depletion, but you are suggesting that liquidity itself in the IPv4 transfer
>> market is harmful.  As that is neither obvious nor aligned with most market theory,
>> it would be best for you to elaborate your thoughts some on that aspect.
>
> I’m not suggesting that liquidity is harmful, but I am suggesting that creating an environment that is friendly to market manipulators and speculators would be harmful.

Understood.

Could you state directly the harm that you believe will occur in such an environment?
This will help the ARIN AC in crafting a balanced draft policy document which includes
the both the perceived benefits and risks associated with this approach.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO