[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to Legacy Internet Resource Holders

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Feb 17 15:46:45 EST 2014

On Feb 17, 2014, at 2:53 PM, Lindsey, Marc <mlindsey at lb3law.com<mailto:mlindsey at lb3law.com>> wrote:

I advise several large legacy block holders.  Some of them signed the LRSA, but many have not.  For them, the burdens imposed by the LRSA outweigh the benefits.   Some on the PPML have suggested that off-contract legacy holders don’t sign up with ARIN because they want to be free-riders.  But the fees (and the avoidance of the fees) are not a factor in their LRSA decision.

Based on my experience working with legacy block holders, I believe adopting a policy substantially similar to RIPE 605 (ARIN prop 203) would go a long way in harmonizing the interests of the ARIN community with the community of legacy holders that do not have formal relationships with ARIN.

Marc -

  As noted earlier, RIPE 605 covers quite a bit of ground; could you be
  more specific about what specific policy changes you are seeking?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO