[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to Legacy InternetResource Holders

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 13 16:42:33 EST 2014

On Feb 12, 2014, at 3:46 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

>> Not really sure you got my point... There is no "needs" test for me to transfer ownership of my car to you and the province cannot step in and stop it, they are only interested in keeping their records straight....
>
> Lee -
>
>    There are still requirements (even if nominal) if you hope
>    to transfer title, and if you don't meet them then your car
>    is not sold.  The records at the registry remain accurate
>    in either case.

Indeed, at least in California, there are two separate registry transactions…

1.	The registrant relinquishes title. This is done by submitting the filled out
	“transfer” portion of the original title (“pink slip”).

2.	The new owner is expected to submit the paperwork to complete the
	transfer of registration and title.

The first transaction covers the previous owner in case of the second not being
completed.

Owen