[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to Legacy Internet Resource Holders

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Feb 13 15:07:42 EST 2014

On Feb 13, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will, but how can RIR's have legacy related policy like this be inconsistent across regions? I would argue its likely that it requires matching to sone extent here.
>
> How would people feel about pushing 605 as a "globally coordinated" policy?

I do not know how the community will assess the merits of such a policy proposal,
but regarding the specific approach, I will note that there are several different aspects
of RIPE-605, and it may be more productive to work on consecutively on globally
coordinated proposals for groups of aspects than as an "omnibus" proposal which
changes all of them at once.

The approach is clearly up to you and the community - my observation is purely based
on pragmatics as I see them with respect to globally coordinated policies.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO