[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to Legacy InternetResource Holders

lar at mwtcorp.net lar at mwtcorp.net
Wed Feb 12 18:23:14 EST 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:59:36 -0500
  Lee Dilkie <lee at dilkie.com> wrote:

> On 2/12/2014 14:44, John Curran wrote:
>> On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Lee Dilkie <Lee at Dilkie.com> wrote:
>>> The authorities very much DO want to know where to look and would like to
>>>have accurate registration records... "Accurate" in this case can be
>>>construed as "reflecting reality".
>> Lee -
>>
>> That is very much the case (the desire for accurate records), but it
>>actually proves the
>> point in that the authorities still don't transfer your registration to the
>>thief in possession
>> simply to better "reflect reality".

Do you think that IF there was a physical limit to be number of cars in the
country, AND we were approaching that limit AND there existed a small number
of VERY LARGE taxicab companies, would a needs test be instituted? How about
for people that already have cars? How about people that have several? I
expect
the debate would get complicated, as this one has over the last few years.

>> /John
>>
>> John Curran
>> President and CEO
>> ARIN
>
> Not really sure you got my point... There is no "needs" test for me to
> transfer ownership of my car to you and the province cannot step in and
> stop it, they are only interested in keeping their records straight....
> so they know who to send the bill to every year (and so the police have
> accurate records for those speed cameras).
>
> As, I think is being suggested, ARIN should be doing as it's primary
> mission.
>
> -lee

Larry Ash
Network Administrator