[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to Legacy InternetResource Holders

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Feb 12 13:13:04 EST 2014

On Feb 12, 2014, at 9:34 AM, David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2014, at 9:31 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> To paraphrase with slightly more neutral language -  "It might be interesting to survey
>> the ARIN community regarding the prioritization of needs-based transfers vs operational
>> usefulness of registry data."
>>
>> Is that approximation close enough to your request?
>
> Not really.
> It might be an interest survey question to see if the people who respond to ARIN surveys agree with a similar statement applied to ARIN:
>
> "The importance of maintaining accurate records in the ARIN database is recognized as ARIN's principal task."

Alas, your very clear formulation won't be very informative,
since the registry is accurate even after a denied transfer
(just as occurs with denied transfer of an auto or property
with it doesn't meet those registry requirements - the fact
that you've driving it around doesn't actually make it yours)

Hence, my suggestion to make such a survey more specific with
respect to prioritization of needs-based transfers vs operational
usefulness of registry data.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO