[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-1: Out of Region Use

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Dec 26 12:15:06 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> I think uneven runout and the resulting arbitrage has shown us why
> territorial registries are a bad bad bad idea.

If this is as serious a problem as you suggest, the solution is to
reintegrate the registries into an operation with a single, consistent
set of policies. Registry shopping is the cure that kills the patient.

> Actually the policy was written primarily with v6 in mind, because
> the v4 free pool will soon be exhausted, but the principle should
> apply to all number spaces.

I couldn't disagree with your reasoning more if I tried.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?