[arin-ppml] 2014-14, was Internet Fairness

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Dec 26 12:06:59 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> I don't think you're getting the concept of small, Bill. Take a look at
> the statistics that were gathered about what proportion of the number
> space a number of /18s and below would consist of. It's less than
> 10% of the overall transfer market, and an even smaller portion of
> the overall address space.  Even with /16s I think the number was 17%.

Milton,

So? Hardly surprising since folks who want /24's can still readily
obtain them from ARIN.

You aren't getting anywhere with "small" defined as /16 and you won't
get anywhere with small defined as /18. Many of your opponents seem
willing to hear you out with small defined as /22. Do you want to make
progress on this issue? Any progress at all?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?