[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-1: Out of Region Use

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 24 12:28:40 EST 2014

On Dec 24, 2014, at 11:50 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> I think this is bad policy which will encourage registry shopping by
> large multinational companies who really don't need yet another
> advantage over their smaller competitors. Worse than just making ARIN
> a flag-of-convenience registry to the world, it includes just enough
> in-region requirement to shut out small players. I reiterate my
> OPPOSITION to this draft policy.

Bill -

  Is there are any change to the draft policy which would address
  your concerns regarding it?  More specifically, if the community
  support for the policy ends up being strong due to a perception
  that it addresses an existing policy flaw, is there any change
  that would mitigate the harm to small players that you outline
  above?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran