[arin-ppml] Internet Fairness

Rob Seastrom ppml at rs.seastrom.com
Mon Dec 22 06:12:31 EST 2014

Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> writes:

> Well Rob, we would have both of our name servers on topologically
> distinct networks but ARIN denied our small IPv4 allocation request!

Topologically distinct means not sharing facilities or upstreams.
Think off-site, on the other coast, or out-of-country, on networks not
run by you.  You are not kept from following these BCPs by
difficulties in your interface with ARIN.  It's a business decision
that it's too hard to do the right thing so you'll try and squeak by
with the absolute minimum.

> You proved my point that small Orgs have it tougher than larger ones
> getting resources.

Actually not, and I offered a specific counterexample to your
assertion that small organizations do not have the resources to
participate in the RIR or operator community, which you chose not to
quote.

-r