[arin-ppml] RPKI Relying Agreement

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Dec 4 13:01:35 EST 2014

On Dec 4, 2014, at 12:25 PM, Michael Sinatra <michael+ppml at burnttofu.net> wrote:

> On 12/04/2014 07:59, John Curran wrote:
>> Actually, the terms regarding indemnification and warrant disclaimer are nearly
>> identical to that contained in the other RIR's RPKI agreements; are those also
>> problematic, or is the difficultly that principally that ARIN agreeing to the
>> terms explicit rather than implicit?
>
> I disagree.  The only terms I was able to find were APNIC's and they
> only referred to "Certificates issued by APNIC," not a TAL.  So I really
> don't think there is another TAL RPA out there that's anything like ARIN's.

Michael -

 APNIC "CA Terms and Conditions" states "The recipient of any digital certificates issued by the APNIC CA service will indemnify APNIC against any and all claims by third parties for damages of any kind arising from the use of that certificate."

 Relying parties (even if not subscribers to the CA) are any
 entities that act in reliance on certificates in the CA, so
 the terms and conditions would be applicable.  How they go
 about obtaining the TAL doesn't change the indemnification
 asserted by APNIC.

FYI,
/John

John Curran