[arin-ppml] Access to list of Number Resources with no valid POCs

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Aug 20 13:54:15 EDT 2014

On Aug 20, 2014, at 7:10 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's that, but if ARIN is going to block someone from maintaining their address it would be operationally sound to send the associated POC an email letting them know. Second, the application. Are the lockouts automated? My information is no. I'd argue this sets this up for abuse.

Martin -

   The lockout of an ARIN online account from making changes (other than
   to its associated POC) is automatic, and done based on last notification
   and last verified dates on the POC.  If you have any information to the
   contrary, then it is in error; even the registration services desk can
   only update POCs (which makes then valid), there is no mechanism for the
   reverse.

   Note that accounts locked out based on being associated with an unvalidated
   POC can ALWAYS immediately resolve the problem and regain access without staff
   intervention.   All they have to do is login and click validate or edit the POC
   handle to have correct information.  There’s never a circumstance where a user
   would have to manage their records but be unable to do so - only that they must
   validate their POC first (which is completely within their ability upon login.)

   I will see if we can make more explanatory information about this available
   online, but in the meantime if you have an issue please do not hesitate to
   contact the Registration Services - <https://www.arin.net/contact_us.html>

Thanks!
/John

John Curran