[arin-ppml] Access to list of Number Resources with no valid POCs (was: Re: POC Validation ...)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Aug 18 19:25:39 EDT 2014

On Aug 18, 2014, at 7:04 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> The policy proposal in the archive initially stated that it should be
> brought to the attention of the community and didn't imply roadblocks.
> I forget how the whois requirement was inserted and I don't really
> care since the issue is policy, ...

Martin -

   ARIN staff implement the policy, and the requirement is quite
   clear in the present policy language.  I believe that there was
   some concern about mining of the address blocks if it were to be
   public, but again, that is a tradeoff that the community should
   consider and determine policy accordingly.

   Changing the policy language to drop the bulk whois requirement
   would be a relatively easy change, if there is community support;
   please let me know if you need any assistance in developing an
   appropriate policy proposal.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran