[arin-ppml] Fw: ARIN-prop-204 Removing Needs Test from SmallIPv4Transfers (fwd)

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Wed Apr 30 19:04:34 EDT 2014

>> Another idea to ponder would be instead of dropping the need requirement,
>> we adopt a presumption of good faith for small allocations.  ARIN would
>> simply take the word of the requester or recipient for small allocations
>> or transfers, but if it was later discovered the recipient was acting in
>> bad faith, the allocation could be revoked.

 Hi John,

 Just wanted to be sure we all recognize that this proposal would affect
only
 transfers, not free pool allocations.
 And transfers are subject to one per year limit.
 But you are right that ARIN expends the same time scrutinizing transfers
and
 allocations, and it may not be worth the time.

 Regards,
 Mike