[arin-ppml] Last IPv4 Address Space

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:31:28 EDT 2014

How about an apolitical last /N policy?

Section N Last IPv4 Addresses Available in Region

Upon receipt of a /11 or up to an equivalent from the IANA, ARIN will
set that prefix, aggregate or longer equivalent aside until a /11 of
inventory is reached and for assignment of a /24 to all existing ARIN
members and all future ARIN members until exhausted.

I believe there is an /11 on deck for each RIR and from returned space
from what I understand. That would provide for 8192 /24.

Thoughts? Better to discuss before sending it in.

Best,

-M<