[arin-ppml] Ip allocation

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Apr 28 20:25:50 EDT 2014

Martin,

On Apr 28, 2014, at 4:56 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you sign L/RSA? 1995 means legacy. Right?

I don't think that matters since, by my reading, the address space was Integra's.

> What was the logic to deny you?

Integra's logic? I'm guessing because they actually listened to the CIDR/ALE working groups and the RIRs.

ARIN's logic? Because that's what the current policy (section 4.3.2.1 specifically) says. And since their upstream has said "nope!", it sounds like Derek is sort of screwed.

It looks like the possible answers are:

a) lie
b) pay more money for a second connection and get address space via 4.3.2.2
c) pay more money for address space from the market
d) try to get the policy revised (magically before ARIN's IPv4 pool runs out, assuming consensus can be reached)

Am I missing any options?

Regards,
-drc