[arin-ppml] 2-byte and 4-byte ASNs

Leif Sawyer lsawyer at gci.com
Fri Apr 18 19:01:55 EDT 2014

Jason -

My responses out-of-order to the questions (ignoring your answers)

2/3:   I would be in support of policy that provided  IANA with direction to equally distribute the remaining 2-byte ASNs to the RIRs.
     Once that has taken place, it can be left to the individual RIR to adapt policy as they see fit.

1:  If my memory serves, current ARIN (operational) policy is to  "Offer 4-byte first, when no preference is given,  and offer a fall-back to 2-byte"
and if that is correct, I see no need to change this policy.

-Leif