[arin-ppml] 2-byte and 4-byte ASNs

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Apr 18 17:46:07 EDT 2014

Wouldn't these routing policies just need to be rewritten/modernized to
use extended communities instead of the old 32-bit communities?  64-bits
of ext-community ought to be enough for community-type, a 32-bit ASN, and
some policy instruction.  Whether any routers support this, and in a
user-friendly display format, is the next question...and if not now, how
soon?