[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 106, Issue 8 (Sandra Brown)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Apr 8 06:33:14 EDT 2014

On Apr 8, 2014, at 6:21 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> .... or, at the absolute most, a reading of RFC 2050 with all ambiguity construed in the registrants' most favorable light.

Accepting the point above for sake of argument, here's the relevant
section of RFC 2050 -

  " 7. The transfer of IP addresses from one party to another must be
       approved by the regional registries.  The party trying to obtain
       the IP address must meet the same criteria as if they were
       requesting an IP address directly from the IR."

I do not see a lot of ambiguity here with respect to requiring those
receiving addresses to meet the same criteria as those being issued
address space, nor with respect to the requirement that the RIRs must
approve the transfer.  Please elucidate and construe is you see fit.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO