[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-6: Allocation of IPv4 and IPv6 Address Space to Out-of-region Requestors - Revised

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:06:52 EDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> That is correct (and reflects current practice handling resource requests.)

John,

I support the policy, but I do have a few questions that
would help finalize my thinking (that I do not recall seeing
asked or answered).  I understand that any answers are
going to be more WAGs than facts, and you may not
have the information or ability to provide the answers,
but any answers would help me (and perhaps others)
recognize the implications of such a change (if any)?
I'll accept as many additional caveats you want to add
to any response.

* If this policy was in place for (say) the last year, what
  is the order of magnitude of number of requests that
  would have been referred to another RIR (1, 10, 100, 1000)?

* If this policy was in place for (say) the last year, can
  you break down the requests by the RIR that the
  requester appeared to be have their plurality?

* If this policy was in place for (say) the last year, what
  is the order of magnitude of the IPv4 numbers that
  would not have been issued by ARIN (/24 ... /8)?

Thanks.

Gary