[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-6: Allocation of IPv4 and IPv6 Address Space to Out-of-region Requestors - Revised

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Sep 25 20:07:58 EDT 2013

On Sep 25, 2013, at 7:51 PM, Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net> wrote:
> I repeat, the determination of nexus for a variety of ordinary
> business purposes, unrelated to addresses and routing, is already well
> established in existing law, and _this_isn't_allocation_policy_.
>
> Perhaps we could have corporate counsel offer a 5m brief on personal
> and subject matter jurisdiction.

To be clear, corporate counsel did review the policy proposal (the legal
assessment follows the revised policy text) and found the proposed policy
can be adopted without creating serious legal risk.  Whether it produces
a desirable outcome for the determination of the community, but it does
not pose a legal problem if adopted.

FYI,
/John

John Curran