[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-6: Allocation of IPv4 and IPv6 Address Space to Out-of-region Requestors - Revised

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Oct 8 23:07:49 EDT 2013

On Oct 8, 2013, at 7:48 PM, Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:
>   While staff tries to be true to the language (and the spirit) of
>   number resource policy as adopted, diligent requesters who have
>   a credible claim of compliance to NRPM are approved.
>
> WHOA.   That's a thorny issue.   What you are saying is that staff have an interpretation of policy,
> and will tell  an applicant   _no_,   they  are not eligible to receive the resource X,  according to the staff interpretation.

The existing number resource policy manual supports these requests, and that's
why they are approved. Once we realized this type of request were valid (and
yet potentially unexpected), we did report it to the community in the Policy
Implementation and Experience report.  Once 2013-6 is disposed off either way,
we will initiate a review of the procedures, including the messaging sent to
requestors.

FYI,
/John

John Curran