[arin-ppml] Statistics request regarding new entrants (was: Re: Stats request)

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 27 10:33:50 EST 2013

Thank you for collecting these stats.  I think they clearly show that "new entrants" are a very significant group for ARIN Policy to pay attention to.

86% of all end user requests issued in 2013YTD were new requestors -- that's very significant, I think.

31% of all ISP requests issued in 2013YTD were new requestors -- showing (I think) that there's still room for new entrants in an otherwise-saturated marketplace in North America and the Carribean.

So when thinking about policy updates, I think it behooves us to respect the needs of new entrants.

Just my opinion, but I feel it's well supported by the data.

David R Huberman
Microsoft Corporation
Senior IT/OPS Program Manager (GFS)