[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 95, Issue 7

Dani Roisman droisman at softlayer.com
Fri May 17 17:07:31 EDT 2013

I agree with Jason - standardize on one term.  My vote goes towards a global replacement of "ISP" in ARIN policy documents with the term "LIR" in order to match the language used by the other 4 RIRs.  I would then support an brief statement early in the NRPM which explains that "The term LIR has replaced the term ISP formerly used in ARIN policy documents in order to simplify the global understanding of RIR policy documents.  The definition of LIR exactly matches the previous definition of ISP for the purpose of the ARIN NRPM."  (well, something like that, you get the point).

----
Dani Roisman
VP, Network Operations
droisman at softlayer.com