[arin-ppml] fee structure

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Thu Mar 28 19:59:00 EDT 2013

Sorry, but I don't believe the following are accurate calculations of
the new fee structure.  I'll leave it to ARIN staff to confirm, please
see my calculations below.

Andrew

On 3/27/2013 10:35 PM, William Herrin wrote:
> Glancing at the new fee structure, I noticed a result that seems a little off:
>
> ISP
> voting member of ARIN
> 3 IPv4 /22's
> 4 IPv4 /24's under LRSA
> 1 IPv6 /36
> 1 AS number
> $1000/year

Taking out the 4 blocks under LRSA which have a specific clause in the
contract which defines how the fees can be increased.

This would be an x-small ISP (up to IPv4 /20 or IPv6 /36) = $1000

> End user
> voting member of ARIN
> 3 IPv4 /22's
> 4 IPv4 /24's under LRSA
> 1 IPv6 /36
> 1 AS number
> $1400/year

End user annual fees are based on the number of records.  Here there are
9 records so the annual fee is 9*$100 = $900

> Yeah, I had to contrive the holdings a little bit to get an
> unreasonable result. Now reduce the ISP minimum IPv6 allocation to /48
> and you get:
>
> ISP
> voting member of ARIN
> 1 IPv4 /22