[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations for ISPs

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Mar 27 19:52:54 EDT 2013

> In general, ISP's do not pay for obtaining IPv6 under the new schedule;
> the underlying question is whether the new lowest category of xx-small
> (which did not exist before and is $500/year, as opposed to $1250 for
> the prior x-small $1250 category previously) will encourage ISPs to try
> and stay in that lower category by economizing their IPv6 assignments.

Clearly from the existence of this policy proposal and the discussions around
it, it will. Further, the fact that it will is detrimental to good IPv6 deployment
and we should, therefore, correct the errors in the fee structure rather than
create incentives to create end-user address poverty in IPv6.

Owen