[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-6: Allocation of IPv4 and IPv6 Address Space to Out-of-region Requestors

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue Jun 25 15:31:12 EDT 2013

On 6/25/13 14:10 , Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:
>> we represent law enforcement
>
> Municipal? County? State, Tribal, {choice of agency} Federal?
>
> It isn't obvious that the "law enforcement" offered here is the USG.
>
> Could you simply affirm that it is?

Honestly, as one of shepherds for the proposal, I don't think that
matters as they all talk with each other just like we do, but for the
recoded the authors are from US Federal LE agencies.

Please don't get hung-up on the fact that the authors are from LE, they
are entitled to propose policy changes just like anyone else, and their
proposals need to be evaluated by the same criteria as anyone else who
proposes policy changes in particular;

  * Enabling Fair and Impartial Number Resource Administration
  * Technically Sound
  * Supported by the Community

Please let the AC know how you feel this proposal meets or doesn't meet
those criteria.

Thanks
David Farmer               Email: farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952