[arin-ppml] ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles / Request for General Thoughts

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jun 13 09:42:03 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:
> but hijacking a relatively tame proposal which would merely keep the
> status quo, because here and now is a convenient place and time to
> advance your own cause, is unprofessional.

Hi Paul,

With all due respect, your reasoning here is unfathomable to me. The
status quo, whatever it is, has been hotly disputed for years now.
Even if you suppose that Jason's text captured it well, no reasonable
viewpoint would expect enshrining it into written policy to be
received as a "relatively tame proposal." The proposal is anything but
tame.

If I offered persuasive reasoning why folks should soundly reject the
draft, if I went on to suggest what sort of proposal should be
acceptable, that's what this open forum for discussion and debate
about suggested policy is for. Describing that activity as
unprofessional is outrageous.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004