[arin-ppml] ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles / Request for General Thoughts

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jun 13 02:48:10 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:16 AM, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> Jason's closed-door partisan draft.
>
> I appreciate this is a difficult topic.
> I tried to keep this draft as simply recording the current state of things,
> and not modify current ARIN policy or practices.

Hi Jason,

For what it's worth, I respect your reasoning. I don't agree, but I
accept it in the good faith in which it was offered.

That having been said, this is 2013 not 1996. Justified need and free
market are opposite sides of a partisan divide. Your draft takes a
position.

Something in such major contention can't possibly be a *current*
guiding principle. Think about it. Partisan divide and guiding
principle are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004