[arin-ppml] ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles / Request for General Thoughts

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Jun 10 19:34:20 EDT 2013

On Jun 9, 2013, at 15:26 , Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>
> I am going to differentiate between principals and practices.
> Practices should not be in the (resulting) principals document
> (practices should be, and in many cases are, in the NRPM).

As a small nit, as I understand it the result of 2013-4, if adopted, would be to enshrine these principles in a section of the NRPM.

As such, I think the distinction between principles and practices is a little less critical in this context than some are asserting. If the goal is to create a separate principles document, I'm all for that, but I don't believe that the PDP is structured to be a vehicle for doing that and I believe an effort to do so would be considered out of scope for the PDP. Perhaps one or more of the lurking board members can confirm or deny my belief in this case.

Owen