[arin-ppml] ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles / Request for General Thoughts

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 20:35:17 EDT 2013

On 6/9/13, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
>>> 1) Do you support the principle of efficient utilization based on need
>>> (Conservation/Sustainability)?

Question 1 was structured to produce Yes answers,  regardless if the
respondent thinks that efficient utilization based on need is the only
way  or inherently the best way of achieving conservation or
sustainability.

There are plenty of other methods one could come up with of achieving
conservation or of achieving sustainability   that don't necessarily
achieve efficient utilization,  or don't necessarily achieve that
efficient utilization by applying an explicitly 'needs based'
criteria.

--
-JH