[arin-ppml] Against 2013-4

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jun 4 22:55:31 EDT 2013

> For example:   Pay for quantity of resources.    Or:   demonstration
> of meaningful plan to utilize resources.

Please explain to me how you distinguish between current "needs-basis"
IPv6 policy and "demonstration of meaningful plan to utilize".

> When we are talking about resources you might need in  5 years;  this
> is not about "needs basis",  but  about  reasonable future
> projections.

The term needs basis as applied to current IPv6 policy is basically that.

While you can make the argument that it isn't technically "need", but rather
"reasonable anticipation of need", it is what is in place today and what we
tend to mean when we refer to "needs basis".

> Characterizing  opponents as  "vocal minority  with an agenda"
> in that manner is so disingenuous...

I will point out that this particular claim has been made by both sides of this debate against the other.

Owen