[arin-ppml] Against 2013-4

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jun 4 12:53:24 EDT 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 10:52 AM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com<mailto:SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com>> wrote:
 Of course we could ask everyone in the ARIN community to comment.

And before anyone says that they could comment if they wish, I don’t see anywhere in my Legacy paperwork that says I(they) have to participate in this community to be a stakeholder.  This community needs to be open minded and not closed minded - and it needs to take into consideration all ARIN stakeholders and not just the ones that decide to comment.

Steven -

   The "ARIN community" is actually very, very large; it could be considered all
   potentially affected parties, which transcends simply number  resource holders
   in this region, and by definition it is impossible to proactively poll all of them
   for their views.

   All welcome to participate, and we have done  extensive outreach at conferences
   (such Interop, CES, Usenix, Comdex, Gartner,  etc.) and via hundreds of articles
   and interviews in trade publications over the years.

   While we are very open, there is indeed a threshold for having ones views heard,
   and that is actual participation in the policy process.  Each time draft policy is
   published, that _is_ an invitation for all interested parties to comment; no party
   or interest has a unique privilege of being polled for their views on a given draft
   policy.

FYI,
/John

John Curran