[arin-ppml] Against 2013-4

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Jun 3 23:25:46 EDT 2013

On Jun 3, 2013, at 16:13 , Blake Dunlap <ikiris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I for one also see a strong support for needs basis, and a strong minority that is obsessed with removing regulation in general. That's just one voice though and should be viewed as such, as I believe we should also go with what the majority wishes.
To be clear... The current governance structure of ARIN is not based on simple majority rule.

It requires 10 of the 15 members of the ARIN AC to agree that the community has arrived at consensus on a fair, technically sound, feasible policy and the additional affirmation of the majority of the Board of Trustees that the policy development process was followed and that there are no legal or fiduciary issues that should prevent the policy from taking effect.

Owen