[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-4: Fair Distribution

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jul 13 19:08:01 EDT 2013

I disagree. I don't think that history and policy reflect any such thing.

While I agree it would be difficult to develop a voting block of end-user organizations as a force in ARIN elections, I don't for one second believe that it would be all that easy to develop a voting block of ISP organizations either.

There is sufficient diversity of interests, concerns, focus, etc. in the ARIN membership, even while most of them are ISPs, that I don't see a meaningful voting block as a likely outcome.

Further, since that only influences the content of the board and the AC, but has no other effect on the PDP, short of the board abandoning the principles for the PDP outlined in the bylaws and charter, I don't believe end-users are short changed when it comes to influencing policy.

It would be very hard for me to look at existing policy and claim that it is skewed in favor of ISPs over end-user organizations. If anything, though I don't agree, I think one could make some case that it is skewed in the other direction.

Owen