[arin-ppml] Policy regulate ARIN's responds time.

Lu Heng h.lu at anytimechinese.com
Tue Dec 10 14:51:01 EST 2013

Hi John

The ticket number was only mailed to you but not the list.

The problem being raise here is not about the information ARIN
requested or if we willing to provided or what we'd like to discuss
with ARIN(or in another words, the nature of the ticket, please keep
it confidential as it should) , it is only about the responds time.

In average we get 3 weeks or more responds time in a single sentence
or simple question we sent to ARIN, as I understand from every RIR's
roles- to be secretary of each regional community, in any request to
ARIN, regardless it is about recourse or not, I believe it is nature
to have hostmaster or someone working at ARIN actively communicate
with its members or future members, or even just someone in the
community,  And I believe if there is a misunderstand from the member
side, hostmaster should actively explain to members about the
policy--as the hostmaster or ARIN should have the best understanding
of the policy--not its members, its ARIN's job to explain to its
member or future member the exact implantation of the policy. In our
case, we just think we have a different understanding of the policy
then the hostmaster, and we are trying to discuss it with
hostmaster--nothing else, no more than just a discussion, we very
possible be wrong on our side as obviously ARIN should be the most
experienced party with its own community's policy, but as a future new
member, we believe discussion and getting active reply in the ticket
to future our request--it is just nature of ARIN'S job.

Even though I would also personally believe it is odd to put responds
time requirement in the policy, but from what we had experience in
past months, a simple question awaiting answer over a month, I believe
there might be some necessity to it.

P.S reasonable argument should be allowed in the evaluation process,
as ARIN is not god, ARIN is acting upon its own community's policy,
and ARIN can not be 100% right about every understanding of its own
policy, so I believe if there is an reasonable argument in the ticket,
ARIN should actively provide more information and explaination to its
members about the policy rather than wait months not to reply the
ticket and just hoping it will go away--I believe everyone would agree
that is not the right attitute towards the community and members.

Correct me if I was wrong, I've got a feeling in the ticket--if you
don't do what we said, we are not going to discuss what policy said
with you and we are not going to responds to you as well.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> 在 2013年12月10日,上午9:17,John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> 写道:
>>
>>> On Dec 10, 2013, at 2:43 PM, H.Lu <h.lu at anytimechinese.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> We had an ongoing request in which takes months to get reply, and every time we call them we get an "get back soon" responds.
>>
>> H. Lu -
>>
>> I'm not aware of any processing delay for tickets at this time and
>> processing should be timely, unless we are awaiting from you some
>> additional information needed for approval.
>

> H. Lu -
>
>   There does indeed to be a difficulty in processing your request -
>   this is due to repeated failure to respond to ARIN's request for
>   additional information regarding utilization of present number
>   resources. We are capable of handling this information under NDA
>   and/or even if contains entirely out-of-region/foreign language
>   content - please feel free to contact our Registration Services
>   if you would like a copy of the correspondence noting why this
>   information is needed by ARIN according to current policy.
>
> Best wishes,
> /John
>
> John Curran
> President and CEO
> ARIN

Kind regards.
Lu

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee(s) shown above.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination or use
of this transmission or its contents by persons other than the
intended addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify this office immediately and
e-mail the original at the sender's address above by replying to this
message and including the text of the transmission received.