[arin-ppml] IPv6 as justification for IPv4?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 17 00:08:14 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>   The ISP must demonstrate the need for IPv4 address resources under
>   ARIN standard allocation policies (i.e. a single-homed ISP showing
>   need for a /20 or multi-homed ISP showing need for a /22) in order
>   to qualify to receive resources via transfer.  Once qualified, we
>   can approve the transfer of IPv4 space; this can be to a maximum
>   of their documented need based on their current utilization rate
>   extended 24 months out, and down to a minimum of a single /24 (as
>   /24 is the explicit minimum transfer size specified in NRPM 8.3)

Thanks John.

So, what would folks think of a policy adjustment along these lines:

"Add to: 8.3 Conditions on recipient of the transfer:

* Minimum address block size qualifications defined in section 4 do
not apply to transfers to specified recipients."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004