[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations forISPs

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Sun Apr 7 16:06:43 EDT 2013

As I have offered in the recent past.  No way should Arin assign me anything (IPv4) very large – I used a /8 in a recent extreme example.  But, as we are a small data center, I should be able to get at least whatever this community deems to be the minimum size.  Arin’s current policies aside, I should be able to get a /22 for sure and maybe a /21 or a /20 – as that is the right size for our organization.  I’m all for right-sized block allocations probably based on a combination of current network size (Legacy included) and revenue or funding size plus things like BGP and so forth factored in.  There are bright folks who can do a better job than me making something like that a policy but a similar change as currently being considered for RIPE should be made for ARIN as well.  Thank you for your input!

Steven L Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099 - Office
770.392-0076 - Fax

        Conquering Complex Networks℠