[arin-ppml] Regarding unauthorized changes (Re: Policy question)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Sep 21 12:33:48 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> There isn't actually any tangible risk in my specific scenario, i'm
> just giving ARIN benefit of the doubt. Generally, there is a bigger
> risk of having to name ARIN in a lawsuit just to get them to change a
> record, thereby costing members substantially in legal fees. They
> money they save by not taking a hard line approach could be used in
> part to buy a really awesome liability insurance plan.
>
> Businesses are expected to take certain reasonable, acceptable risks
> in order to serve their customers. ARIN shouldn't be any different.

Hi Jeffrey,

A quick point: you haven't publicly described your scenario in
sufficient detail for anyone to consider and assess whether ARIN's
actions should or shouldn't be any different than they have been. If
you want the rest of us to consider your problem, you should correct
that oversight. If not, this is probably an issue best addressed
privately between the folks who you've chosen to make privy to the
details.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004