[arin-ppml] Regarding unauthorized changes (Re: Policy question)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 21 00:25:35 EDT 2012

On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:14 AM, Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net>
 wrote:

> The original registrant in this case does not operate a network and
> has no authority to maintain or route space according to ARIN's own
> policies. It is unconscionable that I be expected to prove this in a
> court.

Jeffrey -

  There could easily be organizations holding resources that have today
  no network and no customers; that does not provide one with the ability
  to transfer their number resources without their consent (nor is it a
  germane question for a court of law.)

  Whether such a party transferred its rights via agreement to you is
  germane, but requires a legal adjudication of contractual dispute
  (and is not ARIN's job.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran