[arin-ppml] Fraud reporting results (was :Re: Policy question)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Sep 20 18:03:38 EDT 2012

On Sep 20, 2012, at 5:53 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

>>   https://www.arin.net/resources/fraud/results/
>
> These quarterly summaries are very interesting documents, if for no other
> reason, then at least for the creative way in which they have been surgically
> neutered of essentially all actual information content.

That's to be expected, as they usually contain information that is sensitive
in nature. The vast majority of reports are regarding acts unrelated to number
resource fraud (e.g. spam, claims of copyright infringement, etc.) but there
are occasional instances where we see a need to contact an upstream ISP, or
another RIR, or to review our request processing for accuracy.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO