[arin-ppml] Policy proposal: Penalize IPv4 bad actors

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Thu Sep 6 20:51:28 EDT 2012

Assuming it's meant seriously, I'm opposed to this proposal. ARIN isn't
above the law, has no statutory power, is not a regulator. For many
reasons, ARIN should not be in the business of second-guessing members'
business plans, legal advice, regulatory frameworks, etc.

But I also confess that I don't have much context for the "Rationale"
discussion. Can you (or anybody here) provide more details and
references to what is motivating this?

Thanks,
-Benson