[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2012-7: Reassignments for ThirdParty Internet Access (TPIA) over Cable

Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com
Thu Sep 6 17:10:47 EDT 2012

> "Hayee Bokhari" <bokhari at cronomagic.com>
>
> Here is a solution or Gene in a box, cable operator should start
> using IPV6 across their Network, Is it possible, Yes. Can cable
> Operator do it????
>
> Any comments Jean-Francois?

I can't speak for other operators, but on our side, we are
unfortunately waiting for some critical pieces of software
to be available to make IPv6 available. Comments such as
this one might give you a hint on what's missing (second paragraph):
http://blog.comcast.com/2012/06/world-ipv6-launch.html

However IPv6 alone is not a solution to IPv4 exhaustion.
There's actually a technology that would provides nice
IPv4 aggregation for TPIAs, but it comes at a price.

<flame-retardant-bullet-proof-suit-on>
CGN
</running away as fast as possible with nose pinched>

/JF