[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-183 Section 8.4 Transfer enhancement

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue Oct 30 11:01:02 EDT 2012

On 10/30/12 09:09 , Michael Burns wrote:
> Support. The process has been shown to work for address space.
>
> Mike Burns

I'm not fundamentally opposed to Inter-RIR transfers of ASNs.  However,
I would like to know that their is actually interest from at least one
other RIR to develop the reciprocal policy necessary to make this a
functional policy.  Otherwise this is purely an intellectual exercise,
and I believe we have enough other things to do without taking on purely
intellectual exercises.

I'm not aware of any of the other RIRs even having policy for local
transfer of ASNs in the works, let alone Inter-RIR transfers of ASNs.
So, I'd propose taking this on the docket, but not doing any work on it
until we see some work on the issue in one of the other RIRs, if no work
is started in one of the other RIRs within a policy cycle or two then I
would suggest we abandon it.

Thanks