[arin-ppml] POC privacy

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Oct 26 14:46:30 EDT 2012

I feel that making the addresses used for official communication from ARIN private would make it a lot easier to not spam-block them by accident.

I would support making ADMIN and TECH contacts private, but only under the circumstances that both a NOC and an ABUSE contact are posted. In fact, I would say that this is a good manner to get people to post abuse contacts.  If you create listed NOC and ABUSE contacts then your TECH and ADMIN contacts will be private.

I would also support a policy which suggests that non-working addresses be eligible for removal. There are several addresses which have abuse contacts that autorespond to forged addresses (creating backscatter) and inform the user how to report spam, and they say that they don't accept spam at this address and don't provide any other.  That's non-functional.

--
Jo Rhett