[arin-ppml] Inter-RIR Transfer Completed (Was: Re: ASN Transfer Completed)

Michael Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Fri Oct 19 09:36:25 EDT 2012

>David wrote:

>I'm a little surprised it took this long.  I'm also a little surprised that
>the first one is only a /24, it seems a little anticlimactic.

Hi David,

We chose this deal to be the first because its size made the transaction
less risky, and because this /24 was the first block on the APNIC
pre-approval list.
Larger deals are in the pipeline.
I think many in the community will be happy to note that this was originally
legacy space not under RSA, and now it is covered under RSA (with APNIC).
We acted as both ARIN and APNIC facilitators and actually the process was
not onerous.
After the deal was done I asked ARIN staff about the Early Registration
terminology on the Whois record and was told it was temporary.

Regards,
Mike Burns
IPTrading